Modern Art Oxford's Learning Programme is designed to offer activities and resources that facilitate learning, understanding and enjoyment of contemporary art.
- Group Visits – all groups of 10 or more should be booked in advance. Free introductory talks can be booked for school, college, youth and community groups.
- Download our Group Visit Guide here: Stephen Willats and Archigram education notes
- Exhibition Talks – We offer free introductory talks for pre-booked school, college, youth and community groups. As an Arts Award Centre we also offer bespoke talks and activities designed to help you achieve specific parts of the Arts Award.
- Artist-led gallery activities may also be booked to support group visits. These activities draw on themes and key ideas in the exhibitions and are tailored to the needs of each group. Fee: £150 per half-day session, £200 per full-day.
- To book a talk contact Sarah Plumb, Project Manager: Learning & Partnerships on 01865 813819. Please book at least 2 weeks in advance of your visit.
- Education Open Events – held at the beginning of each new exhibition. The Education Team and art education experts provide talks and activities to help teachers plan exhibition related projects and gallery visits.
- Next Open Event is Friday 5 July, 8pm. This event will provide talks, activities and education notes designed to explore approaches to engaging with Haris Epaminonda exhibition. A member of the Modern Art Oxford programme team will lead a gallery talk and discussion about the artist’s work, following the exhibition preview at 8pm. Free, booking essential
- Project Space activities
- The Project Space is available for hire for Community groups when there in no activity listed. Please contact our team for details.
For more information on Learning events please contact 01865 722733.